Kedarnath dham is one of the those 12 jyotilingra of lord shiv nd one of the dham in four dham of uttrakhand i.e. gangotri, yamuntori, kedarnath, badrinath. After floods in kedarnath dham in 2013 i get a chance to visit this dham in 2019 our journey starts from lucknow on 23rd may from lucknow we took a flight nd reach dehradun nd on 25th may 2019 early in the morning we start our journey towards sonprayag. We left dehradun early in the morning around 6 a.m. so that we can reach sonprayag earliest by 8-9 p.m.
In morning firstly we go to isbt dehradun to get our permit done for this yatra and its only for the vechile who are coming from outside of uttrakhand as our tempo traveller is from punjab so we have to clear our permit first than we can start our journey . Once all the formalities are completed we started moving towards devprayag where alkanandha nd bhaigirthi river meets togeather and took the name of ganga. At devprayag uh can sit nd relax for a while becuase sonprayag from dehradun is around 250km nd now construction of char dham corridor is also going on so conditions of roads on this route is very bad that's means if uh were planning to go than either uh are a very good driver or uh can hire a driver becuse driving in this condition is very dangerous once we cross devprayag weather slightly starts changes nd its starts feeling cold and after huge traffic jam we finally reach sonprayag at 12 p.m. in night .
Thing to remember:
1. During may June kedarnath witness high numbers of prilimigims around 20000 per day
2. Traffic jam are usuals during this period
3. Always try to reach as early as poosible
4. Always carry medicines with urself for better medication if required
5. Always carry water bottles, snacks cuz might be uh stuck in traffic where uh didnt find anything to eat.
6. Carry engouh warm cloths, raincoat, troch, cap, gloves
7. Carry hiking shoes with urself if uh want to trek.
Route is like
Dehradun- rishikesh-shivpuri- devprayag- srinagar-guptkashi-sirsi-phata- rampur- sonprayag.
Its around 250 km from dehradun
And its take us 16 hours to reach there due to heavy traffic and poor road conditions