Langtang Valley Trekking Trekking in Nepal
Langtang region, lying in the north of Kathmandu is popular destination for observing high mountains, endanger spices of wildlife and flora, Tibetan culture deserved by Tamang people. Langtang valley trekking is very popular trekking routes in Langtang region because it is easy to access.
Day 01: Pickup from airport and transfer to hotel, briefing bout trip. Rest over night at Hotel.
Day O2: Full day sightseeing tour around Kathmandu valley (Pashupatinath,Bouddhanath,Syambhunath and Patan Durbar Square). Prepare for the trek and rest overnight.
Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi (1,550m.) 145 km/ 7 hrs drives.
After morning breakfast we drive out along the north-western hills of Kathmandu. Enjoy the Himlayan views and mountainous lifestyle through the terraced fields and rustic villages. Take Lunch at the Trishuli Bazar before continuing further to Dhunche. From Dhunche, we descent down to Syabrubesi.
Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel (2,380.) 6 hrs trek.
This is our first day of trekking today. Follow the Langtang Khola River. Pass through the dense forests. Cross several suspension bridges. We also pass by a tea houses. The trail goes up and down but it's not that challenging.
Day 05: Trek to Langtang village (3,430m.) 5/6 hr trek.
After taking morning tea, we embark our second day of the journey. Our trail continues along dense forests. After making a steady climb up through the valley, we leave the tree line behind us. Enjoy the marvelous views of Langtang Lirung. Pass by water mills, prayer wheels, chortens, with sacred mounds of rocks with inscriptions carved on them.
Day 06: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3,870m.) 4 hr trek.
After taking morning tea and breakfast, we get out of the village and pass on through yak pastures. Also pass the largest mani wall in Nepal, made from stone with prayers written on them. The prayers written on the mani wall is supposed to be blown away by the wind. Cross several of the wooden bridges. Since, we are really getting into the high altitudes; you might start feeling the thin air. Gompa. Kanjin Gompa is surrounded by the Himalayas all around. You can take a walk around Kanjin Gompa enjoying the views, glaciers, icefalls, birds and yaks.
Day 07: Hiking to Chorkari (5053m) 5 hours.
We use this day to explore every possible aspect in the valley. As the first event, we go on a hike to Chorkari Ri (5053m). This will be the ultimate altitude of the trip. You will get a blessed feeling after being able to reach to the land of mountains, and at the same time, a sense of pride. This will be a total of 6 hours’ exploration after which we find ourselves back to Kyangin Gompa at our Guest House.
Day 08: Trek back to Lama Hotel: 5/6 hrs trek.
Early morning we visit to Kyangin Ri (4700m/) for mountain sunrise views. After breakfast, proceed to Lama Hotel. Since, its mostly downhill, it is 5/6 hours walk from Kanjin Gompa to Lama Hotel. The trail goes all the way down hill through forest following the river. Pass through the ethnic Tamang settlements who follow religious and cultural practices similar to the Tibetans.
Day 09: Trek back to Syabrubesi: 5 hrs trek.
After breakfast, we trek down to Syabrubensi. Enjoy the easy trail mostly downhill through lush green vegetation. Arriving Syabrubesi, we take our lunch.
Day 10: Drive back to kathmandu
Day 11: Departure from Nepal
The cost for 11 days Langtang Valley Trekking is USD 655.00 per person.
The following services are included in the cost:
- Pick up and drop services by private car and other grounded transportation as per program.
- 3 night’s hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed and Breakfast plan at a star rated hotel.
- Meals (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner) and all accommodations during the trekking.
- Guide me and two porters and ours meals, accommodation, salary, insurances and equipment.
- Langtang National Park Permit and TIMs (Trekkers information management system) card.
- Duffle bag, Sleeping bag, Down Jacket and Walking Pole (if needed).
- First Aid kit.
- Local fresh fruit.
- Langtang region trekking map.
- All Government taxes.
- Emergency Helicopter service
The following services are not included in the cost:
- Meals in Kathmandu apart from breakfast.
- Travel insurance.
- International flight tickets to and from Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee, which is easily issued upon your arrival at Tribhuwan international airport at Kathmandu.
- Your personal first aid kit, equipment and items of personal nature.
- All kind of drinks (Water/Coke/alcoholic beverage and tea/coffee).
- Tips for field staff (Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory).