Trekking has been in my list in 2019's resolutions so was thinking of going on trek in month of January but I never thought that I would make it to Kalsubai peak.. Highest peak of Maharashtra!!!
Me and my friends decided to go on Kalsubai trek on 26th Jan that is our Republic day. This being my second trek I was not sure whether I can do it all the way till peak or not but I took the challenge.
WHERE : Kalsubai peak,Bari village, Maharashtra
HEIGHT : 5200 feet
LEVEL : Difficulty : Medium, Endurance : High
HOW TO REACH AT BASE : If you are from Mumbai then board local up to Kasara station or express from anywhere till Igatpuri station. Taxis and buses are available from both stations for Bari.
Buses going towards Akole, Pune, Bhandardhara goes via Bari village.
TIME TO REACH : From Kasara it takes more than an hour, from Igatpuri about 45 mins.
STORY by locals : It is said that goddess in form of little girl asked a poor person in village nearby to stay at his place with 3 conditions. He agreed to those conditions and took her home. After she entered in house they got prosperity in no time and living happily. As time passed, family forgot about those conditions and made her do all work to which she had put conditions. She got angry and and settled below this mountain ( where there is temple at base ). That person reached to her for apology but she was not ready to forgive him and climbs up the mountain (temple at pinnacle) she did not forgive him and stayed on top only. All the prosperity of the family lost and they came to their original position again. That's why all locals comes at top to pray so that she will not get angry at them.
• Take considerable amount of water with you.
• Wear good quality shoes.
• Please keep the area clean, do not throw wrappers and empty bottles anywhere but a dustbin.
• After climbing for about one hour find a stick to carry as there are monkeys who are always ready to hop on you.
• Don't keep anything in side pockets of bag, that invites monkeys.
• Don't be in hurry to climb railings if someone in coming down.
• Carry some first aid for emergency, also your medicines if on medication.