Some tips in travel itinerary-
How to reach?
Air- Nearest airport is Pune. From there one can reach to Satara city by bus and then can reach to Kaas by taxi from the city.
Rail- The nearest railway station is at Satara and then one can hire a taxi to plateau.
Road- Kaas lies near NH 4 and easily reachable by public buses. The plateau is just 22 km from Satara city and can be reached through a hired taxi or few state buses that ply on the route from Satara to Kaas. If you are driving by your own car, you would need to park a little ahead of the main area and walk for about 1km. State transport buses ply from parking to plateau and cost INR 10 person on each side.
Weekdays: INR 50 (for visitors above 12 years of age)Make sure you have registered yourself on the Weekends/ Government Holidays: INR 100 for three years (for visitors above 12 years of age) Senior Citizens: Free, Government ID proof required as proof of age Parking is free and only 3,000 guests are allowed per day. Make sure to register yourself on official website before.
Best time to visit -
Visit towards the end of the monsoon season, it being the best season to watch the flowers in full bloom. I will recommend mid-September to last week of October.
Things to keep in mind-
1. Carry your own raincoat, umbrella, sports shoes compulsory, an extra pair of clothes and socks, cap, goggles, foodstuff, water bottle and sweater.
2. Washrooms are not available near the Kaas Plateau.
3. Mobile network is bleak in this region.
4. Although parking facility is free, it is quite far from the actual Kaas Plateau site.
5. Do not litter the premises.