10 things to take care when you visit Kaas Plateau:
1. You need to pay an entry fee of Rs 100 on weekends and public holiday and Rs 50 on weekdays. You can pay the fees and get the registration done in advance on the official website of Kaas Plateau.
2. Only 3000 visitors allowed in a day.
3. Carry water bottles and few eatables along as there are no shops near the plateau.
4. Carry a jacket preferably water resistant. It is quite windy and there are high chances of drizzling and rains.
5. If you are carrying a camera make sure you have water proof cover for it just in case it rains.
6. If you hire an auto/cab from Satara till plateau, book the same for the return journey as well. You might not get a auto while returning, the few that will be available will ask for a fortune.
7. This is not a tip but a request, don’t litter in the plateau.
8. Do not damage the flowers in an effort to get a new favorite profile pic.
9 . If nature interests you and you want to know more about the flora and fauna go with a naturalist else simply enjoy the beauty like me ... :D
10. On a whole an excellent place to visit, but try and avoid weekends as lot of people form Kolhapur, Pune and Mumbai descend here.
Thats me !!! Enjoying the nature :)