Flocked by hundreds of tourists every year, these destinations have several secret offbeat spots that have been discovered by travelers in recent years. Here's a list of some of the unexplored spots in the mainstream Indian holiday destinations.
1. Don't limit your vacation to leisure walks around Manali and Old Manali
Image Credits: Anvi
Explore the nearby Vashistha Village, a quiet hamlet with surreal hot springs.
Image Credits: Ashish Gupta
2. Take a diversion from the tourist flooded Mall Road in Nainital
Image Credits: Aman Arora
And take a hike to Tiffin Top, a quaint spot overlooking the town.
Image Credits: Pranjal Shah
3. Say high to Kasol but don't let your vacation be a mere restaurant hop
Image Credits: Debarati Dasgupta
Take time out and enjoy the true hill experience at one of the homestays at Tosh.
Image Credits: Himani Khatreja
4. The old world charm of this Queen of Hills, Shimla has been a crowd-puller since years now.
Image Credits: Nishanth Jois
Shoghi, a hidden town near Shimla, turns into a little heaven during winters and it can be your alternative spot .
Image Credits: India Untravelled
5. If you're wandering where to go and what do to after a long walk on the Mussoorie Mall Road
Image Credits: euttaranchal
Drive ahead to Landour, a hidden hill-town with old country homes, just right for your ideal getaway.
Image Credits: Sarbajaya Bhattacharya
6. The forested valley of Kodaikanal is a charming town flocked by tourists throughout the year
Image Credits: Thangaraj Kumaravel
Vattakanal, a scenic town only 3 kms away from Kodai is still an undiscovered paradise.
Image Credits: Divya Shirodkar
7. Mcleodganj, the little Tibet in the heart of Himalayas has been ticked off the bucket list by most of us.
Image Credits: Danica
Dharamkot a nearby village has still preserved its best secrets waiting to be discovered by the explorer in you.
Image Credits: Taylorandayumi
8. Go Goa! This hottest destination for beach goers is more than just touristy shacks...
Image Credits: Sayantani Maiti
Visit the Butterfly Beach to experience a quiet Goa afternoon on a serene beach.
Image Credits: Mathanki Kodavasal
Tell us about the offbeat spots you have discovered on your trip? We'd love to hear your story.