“I was not so fond of beaches until I went to Seychelles”
Plenty has been written on Seychelles and my purpose here is to help you in planning a trip to Seychelles. Why do people go to places? It can be a lot of varied reasons: adventure, relaxation, introspection, photography, to experience a new culture, a newer horizon, a different view etc. I think Seychelles has all these to offer.
Would advice you to book and plan the trip on your own, however it will require a lot of research and hard work. The series of posts here are to assist you on the same . However if you are planning to book through an agent, the best options are: MakeMyTrip , Tripadvisor, Thomas Cook.
Advantages of booking on your own:
- Cheaper which means more number of days
- Seychelles has so much to offer so you can customize as per your liking
- Choice of hotels : between resort , self catering or services and proximity to the area where you want to spend more of your time
- Among the Islands few are very beautiful and you may want to spend more time there.
- We were there in July, one of the better season to be there, you would also want to be there at the right time.
So the first step to plan the trip is to narrow down on what you would want to do.For us it was majorly Island hopping , hiking and roaming around the beautiful beaches. So i here list down what all you can do in Seychelles:
- Island Hopping
- Deep sea diving
- Day cruise with barbecue
- Roaming around the beaches
- Enjoying sea food
- Visiting the UNESCO heritage sites
- Renting a car and just driving around
- Sunset beaches
- A walk in the National park
- Ferry rides
- Tea Gardens
- Local markets
- Local cafes and cuisine
Do a bit of research and you will be happy to be at Seychelles for I got to see clouded mountains around the sea.
You may be interested in reading the other more generic posts by me on Seychelles below: