I wasn't sure as to where i'll be going this weekend. Thanks to Google and the desire to visit the Forts, I ended up with a itinerary to ARNALA FORT. Located in Arnala Village in Virar, a Seafort was the best possible option. After making some Calls, I and my Friends had to make a journey from Point A to point Z of the Western Railway. In order to do so we Caught the Fast Local and sitting for one and half hour we finally reached VIRAR. From there took a bus to Arnala Market and then a boat to the fort.
It took us only 2 hours to inspect the FORT. Found a Family having a picnic, A group a Youths having fun and a Group of Local Community Youths having a Party in the Fort.
How to Travel to Arnala Fort.
- Take the Virar Fast Local train (Rs 40/- return from Chruchgate to Virar)
- Head WEST using the Skywalk towards Virar ST Stand
- Get into the First Green Bus which goes to Arnala (Rs. 13/- per seat)
- From Arnala Market walk through the narrow path on right towards the beach
- Get aboard the boat which takes you to the Island (Rs.15/- per seat includes return journey as well)
- Walk through the Concrete path towards right.
- At the end of the path The Fort will be waiting for your arrival.
Since checking out the Fort Was done and the Day hadn't come to an End, We decided to Check out Bandra Fort (Also Known as "Castella De Aguada") and to enjoy the View from Bandstand Promenade.
Again we were back to station, by Auto. And headed towards Bandra.
Bandra bandstand Promenade was filled with young couples, some enjoying the view, the weather etcetera. The entrance to fort was visible but inside there was no space to sit and enjoy the view. By view I mean the Bandra Worli sealink and the sea, two different things but combined they give a splendid view.
- Local train Journey -40
- Bus to Arnala -13
- Boat to the island -15
- Sharing Auto upto the station -20
- Bus to bandstand -10
- Return to Bandra station (by bus)-8
- Snacks -44