It was our last day at Indore. So we went for the local sightseeing rather than any long distance tour.
Indore is justifiably called the CLEANEST CITY OF INDIA!! The roads are too clean and altogether the environment is pure bliss! Hadn't I mentioned this, it would have been an injustice to the city. We started early in the morning in an auto that had been booked the night before by my father. The spots that are worth a visit are-
• KHAJRANA GANESH TEMPLE- This temple covers a large area. Worth paying a visit!
• ANNAPURNA TEMPLE- A temple of goddess Annapurna.
• LAL BAGH PALACE- This palace is several years old and is beyond description in words.You won't understand it's beauty unless you visit this place.You have to pay Rs.10/ per head to enter.I would have been the happiest if I could somehow stay back there,living in those large rooms of the kings and queens.
• RAJWADA- This was closed during our visit due to construction and repairing works but we managed to visit the temple that is attached. Basically in and around this place, you'll find numerous shops for shopping and that's what attracts the most. Indore is famous for its garments and many more.A city worth exploring and loving!!
• SHRI VAISHNO MATA TEMPLE- This temple has been built as a replica of the Vaishno Devi Katra. Caves have been built through which you have to walk to reach the deity. Quite interesting it was.
• BADA GANESH TEMPLE- This temple has got the biggest ganesh(perhaps) that I've ever seen in my entire life.
and last but the best one
• TREASURE ISLAND MALL- Now coming to the best part of this city(okay it's the best only for me).Make it sure you visit this mall,if possible,in the evening because the environment becomes worth enjoying.It's quite a big mall but what attracted me more was the stalls that have been put up outside the mall. These stalls mainly consist of different flavors of papads and most interestingly, different artworks of the prisoners. These artworks are worth buying!!
We had a delicious lunch at the GURU KRIPA HOTEL.It was purely delicious and anybody would love it(since it was Navratri at that time,most of the hotels were actually just serving VEG food)
There are a few other places to visit which we couldn't manage to see due to lack of time as this was our last day here and we had our train back to Kolkata this night itself.
I have actually fallen in love with this city and trust me, I would be the happiest if I can settle here someday.