We didn't realise how quickly the 3 days got over and our trip was about to end. We were contented with the time spent and the memories we were taking with us and were hoping for more such reunions to plan and travel again. These trips really change you forever and etch a permanent mark on your memories.
Now, that you have seen the picturesque of Triund and must have been inspired to plan it as your next trip, here are some random observations that might help you with traveling hassle free
1) Dehli to Dharmshala by Volvo bus is one of the most dependable options. i.e. you will always get tickets, even if last minute, but avoid picking the long weekend holiday as its get crowded up there.
2 )The second most important learning in traveling to the mountain is time management. One just can't just miss the beautiful canvas up in the sky during the sunset and sunrise. So start early and try reaching the Triund top before noon time and not waste the day light in trekking.
3) Taxi options are readily available in Dharamshala to take you to tourist places (except the Triund top) so don't exert yourself and save those legs for trekking.
4) Trek to Triund and back will drench your energy, so keep your last of the trip to relax around and munch some famous cuisines.
5) One of the things that I love about India is that a cup of chai and a plate of maggie is never too far. One can take few chai breaks and fall in love with the mountain picturesque.
6) Carry winter essentials. The "layer method" of dressing is more effective than a single bulky garment. It's pretty freezing during the night stay in the tent and one just can't sleep if not fully protected in socks to cap.
7) Yes, coming to the network part. People with Airtel number were seen busy in whatsapping and updating the world.
8) Carrying Bluetooth portable speaker in such treks keeps you going to the finish line.
9) There is a lot to cover in Dharamshalla and Mcleodganj, so plan your count of days before and keep it simple because you are not on mission to complete your checklist but to have break from your hectic life.