Everyone's got their own definition of crazy. I think mine is fairly appropriate. My buddy studies in Singapore, and I had gone to visit her, which more or less for a 20 year old meant, life and money and maybe even this city was at our disposal for this one week. Singapore is best enjoyed solo or with friends, i mean not because the culture is such, you could definitely enjoy with your folks too but if you really want to go crazy, go with your buddies, or visit one :P
Singapore is more or less 5 hours away from India, so you could catch an overnight flight, for about 25 grand round trip. Now there are tons of things to do in this country. There's something for everyone, but i'm going to tell you a plan to bring your hair down, and find solitude as well.
1) Bang Bang : This club is insane, with live pole dancers, and no its not a pole dancing club, just these dancers come up every half an hour and dance in a cage with a pole. When they're not dancing, you can go in the cage and dance too! Its my favourite club in the city, and a muuuuuust visit. Please dont go shady in there, people are just trying to be nice so dont pull off something you might pull off and get away with in India. You'll find people from every other country. I met people from Greenland too! Its a beautiful club with the best music. However if you want to kill it, go for the 'Hip Hop' nights. They literally make you wanna scream.
2) Clarke Quay : My absolute favourite. You want a roaring crowd, a bridge to sit and drink away the night, this is the place. With amazing music, innumerable cafes and clubs, open seating, people people people, its a massive party altogether. You cannot, just simply CANNOT miss this! A little heavy on the pocket, one night here is a MUST for every 20 something in Singapore.
3) Arab Street : Okay now this place you'll see tons of Indians, but its very different from Little India. Its a long street with clubs and restaurants for the Indian taste mostly, but the Cafes here are beautiful. Dont forget to visit the 'Blu Jaz Cafe'. Its mostly packed, so go a bit early. You'll find good live music and amazing food. Its beautifully lit up and you'll enjoy it more in their open sitting area. However if you dont get to go here, go to any other restaurant. Some of them have live belly dancers, and oh! They're beautiful! For Bollywood lovers, there's OMG. Its a small club where they play only Bollywood and is mostly packed with Indians.
MUST SHOP HERE
1) Bugis Street : Sarojini of Singapore, You get amazing clothes at dirt cheap prices, for every student, this is the place! Health lovers, You get damn nice Juice also here for 1 SGD, cheapest that i have come across in this expensive country.
2) China Town : This place seems literally like Little China. Amazing food court, a paradise for non vegetarians, China Town offers everything one could want, be it Souvenirs, Chinese gadgets, clothes, Chinese street food, and Free WiFi, YES! you have free WiFi in this open market, which is quite huge. Its beautifully lit up at night, a treat for the eyes.
3) ION Orchard : Working people, go here! All the brands that you want to indulge in, Its a great place to pamper yourself. Along the street, there are several other stores you would like to check out for shopping. Its a shopper's paradise!
MUST VISIT FOR SOME PEACE
1) Singapore Botanic Gardens : Its one of the best Botanic Gardens that i have been to. I went there alone and walked around for literally 2 hours, picked a place and sat there. Its quiet, its serene and its simply fantastic. One shouldnt miss this, for your brain needs some storming, some thinking to be done too. I see myself going there once more with people and just sitting there, talking away. You would see a lot of people there for picnics, little ponds and benches overlooking them.
2) East Coast Park : A little away from the hustle bustle, there's East Coast Park with a skate park, bicycle track, you could rent a bicycle too. There are few restaurants too, places for private open barbeque and one can go there whenever they want, be it 4 am, unlike most of the beaches in India. The waves as they hit the sand, the cargo ships in the vicinity, its all so calming, you would love to just sit there and look around, you'll find solitude and you'll love it.
3) Supertree Grove : Supertree Grove show is worth a visit. These are artificial trees, and they have a light and sound show. Its not like any other light and sound show, its the kind you would want to get a little high and watch. Unfortunately, thats mostly not possible in Singapore. Its really worth a visit, trust me, i'm not a big fan of Light and Sound Shows, but this one took my breath away. You can lie down there under one of the trees and watch the show above. The feeling is tremendous!
Singapore is an insane place, very less to do, but a lot if you're on a short trip. You'll find a lot of Indians like any other Asian country, so you can feel familiar too. Food options are many, every cuisine is served. They have excellent public transportation service, very convenient. Its a great place to study as well as work too, extremely safe, especially for girls! A big thumbs up for solo women travelers!