Seattle's quirky art and culture forms the crux of the city. It has one of the most prominent art galleries in the country. It is a significant center for performing arts and boasts a variety of artistic graffiti despite a no-graffiti policy enforced by the city. Art is the ultimate form of self-expression and expression forms the essence of the thought. "Break free and express yourself" is the vibe that the murals/graffiti impart. You will see a variety of them almost everywhere while walking on the streets of Seattle. With the urge to explore as much as I can, I set out one weekend with my friend Chetan on a venture to scout for the graffiti in Seattle and, oh boy, were we amazed! I should just let the pictures do the talking ????
1) My favorites among many were the ones we saw in SODO track. This project was kicked off in an effort to make an ordinary transit into a more exciting, worthy and lively one. It is not really a graffiti but a series of murals painted by 50 local, national and international artists. Definitely makes for a good spot to click Instagram pictures!
2) Next up is the graffiti right in front of Ferris Wheel. Take the stairs going down from Western Avenue and Union street right in front of the Great Seattle Wheel and you will see the graffiti right alongside the stairs.
3) The super cool Westlake station ????
4) Explore the streets, this one is on 2nd Avenue and Bell Street right next to Bed Lam Coffee shop
5) In love with this simple flower wall. Its on Western Avenue right next to Seattle Beer co
6) In search of the wall above, we came across this fish wall on Western Avenue
7) The Famous Gum Wall is the perfect place to get colorful pictures. This ones right next to the Gum Wall
8) Loose yourself in the Ghost Alley, sometimes the crowd makes a great background.
9) Space Needle Graffiti on Blanchard and 2nd Avenue is something you cannot miss.
10) The weed store on Elliott Avenue and Bell Street "Herban Legends" has a very cool Mural right outside their shop!
11) I think this is an awesome parking lot on 1st Avenue and Virginia street!
12) While riding the bus, I came across this graffiti on Denny Way right next to Oculus eye care.
13) Belltown is definitely awesome for spotting some crazy graffiti. We found this one on 2nd Avenue and Wall Street while walking back from CJ's eatery!
14) While walking to get a car2go to drive to Alki beach on my Birthday, we stumbled upon this wall whose timing couldn't be perfect enough!
Do you guys love graffiti too? Let me know what you think!