Shrikhand Mahadev is situated at an height of 18,700 ft. above sea level in the Great Himalayan National Park of Himachal Pradesh, India. (YATRA)Trek for Shrikhand mahadev starts from Jaon village in Nirmand region of Kullu district (Himachal Pradesh)
Shrikhand Mahadev, as localites use to say, is one of the adobes of Lord Shiva, who resides there. They worship the natural, rock-made shivalingam on the great heights of mountains. The shivaling is 72 feets high and stands still at the mountain top, above 18,000 ft altitude. One has to go through many gorges, ravines, and beautiful valleys.
To reach Shrikhand Mahadev peak, one has to go to Shimla, and then to Rampur (140 KM ahead). From Rampur, one way goes to Sarahan and the other to Nirmand. While trekking, Sarahan route is little tough than Nirmand wala route. Another route is via Tirtath (but that too is unexplored – hehe). Himachal Tourism has a Hotel at Sarahan named The Shrikhand, named after the majestic Shrikhand mountain Peak in front of it. Sarahan lies on NH-22.
Srikhand Mahadev Trek
Day-1: Chandigarh - Shimla
Day-2: Shimla – Sarahan – Jaun (Singhghat)
Day-3: Singhghat – Thachdu
Day-4 Thachdu - Bhimdwar
Day-5: Darshana (Bhimdwar – Parvati Baag - Srikhand Mahadev)
Day-6: Bhimdwar - Thachdu
Day-7: Thachdu – Singhghat (Jaun)
Day-8: Jaun – Shimla- Chandigarh
Total Cost: Rs 14000/- only Per Person (For the minimum group of 10 persons)
• Pick-up from Chandigarh (Sharing cab).
• Drop at Chandigarh
• Hotel in Shimla (Sharing)
• Camps (Sharing Camp)
• Meals (Breakfast and Dinner, only veg)
• All meals during the trek (Breakfast, lunch and dinner, only veg).
• Kitchen staff.
• Full medical kit with Oxygen Cylinder
• Permission for the trek
• All other facilities which are not included in the package
• Maximum height to gain is 18,500 ft above the sea level
• The itinerary may be changed on weather conditions
• Trek can be cancelled on weather conditions
• This is a tough trek so don’t take it lightly as a picnic, Adventure or holidays
• Get prepared mentally and physically for this Tough Terrain