Singapore is a place of sharp contrasts- from smoky temples to crazy dancing, from old-school shop houses to humongous shopping arcades, from Chinatown to Little India, everything is a beautiful contrast. Even after countless sojourns, this Little Red Dot of Asia will never cease to make you swoon, you simply can’t have enough of it. Opt for one of the Singapore tour packages so that you can make the most of your time there.
The Lion city is a sovereign city-state in South-East Asia. Being a global commerce and financial hub, Singapore ranks 5th internationally and 1st in Asia on the Human Development Index. It is known to have the 3rd highest per capita income, owing to which, Singapore has never seen a beggar. Ranking highly in education, healthcare, life expectancy, quality of life, personal safety and housing, this country is home to 5.6 million happy and healthy individuals.
Earlier, Singapore was considered to be a mere sterile stopover for long-distance flights. Here’s how it’s reinvented itself and carved itself as one of the world’s holiday hotlist destination:
1) Food - Singaporeans love food- good food! Do as the locals do or join the long snaking queues of the hawkers to gorge on local delectable eats and typical flavours you might not expect anywhere else.
2) Melting pot of cultures - Be it the Chinese New Year, the Hari Raya Puasa of the Singapore-based Muslims or the Deepawali celebrated by the Indian immigrants, you simple cannot stop from scratching your heads and pondering over how one little red dot could be such a glorious melange.
3) Year- round shopping - It is no secret that Singaporeans love their sales as much as they love shopping. Be it the Dover Street Market, the Orchard Road or the island-wide Great Singapore Sale, you cannot possibly resist the urge to wander about in a flagship Sephora or Uniqlo store and have a field day bagging affordable fashion statements and deals at the Bugis Street.
4) Theme parks - Visiting Singapore and not going to the Universal Studios, Wild Wild Wet and the Haw Par Villa is as stupid as it sounds! These parks await you to welcome you with thrill, serve you with adventure and joy and help you depart with the best memories you will have created.
5) Nightlife - Head to the din and bustle of the city. The Clarke Quay district sees throngs of people having the most LIT time. Down a few shots and let the music take over you.
6) Wildlife - Animal lovers shouldn’t miss a visit to the infamous Singapore zoo, river safari and night safari.
Singapore is more than just a concrete jungle where dreams are made of- there is so much to do! What better destination for your summer holidays than Singapore? Singapore tour packages are available all through the internet, but an individual customised trip to Singapore would undeniably be the best.