And here we were, ready to say goodbye to this wonderful country, after having our breakfast we headed to Colombo to catch our flight. Leave on time because it may take up to 3 hours, since it is a busy road.
It brought an end to another beautiful trip, we carefully wrapped the memories we made and boarded our flight with an urge to come back again to explore the unexplored parts of these beautiful country.
And I would like to end with this quote, “Don’t listen to what they say, go see.”
So, now that you have read it all, you know what to do, pack your bags and go see!
Things to remember while travelling in Lanka:
• If you are travelling during New Year, book your hotels in advance and ensure you follow up with them at least two days prior to your check-in date
• Apply for your e-visa in advance, though mine took just half an hour but who wants to take a chance?
• In Galle, hire bikes, be careful with helmets, pillions need to put one too. Traffic rules are strict
• Do not shop at Pedlar street (Galle), it is expensive. Rather shop in places like Hikkaduwa, you will get local art effects at nominal price and if you know how to bargain then you may just hit the jackpot
• If you are an animal lover then the only place I would suggest to shop at Pedlar Street would be-Embark, they have an NGO for street dogs and the amount you spend there will go towards the well being of those animals
• Make sure you buy Sri Lankan masks, Stilt fisherman statues, magnets and tea
• If you are travelling from one city to another on New Year’s Eve, ensure to leave early. It gets crazy everywhere
• Must try local food, if you are not a foodie then you will miss out a lot
• Speak to locals, they are amazing, very decent and friendly people