Now the title might seem like a biased opinion since the place is my hometown but having spent every summer vacation of my childhood made realize the potential of this place.
I think , as far as i can remember , hailing from such serenic place would be a starting point in becoming a travel enthusiast. Even now i can't get enough of this place.
I have been through the days as a little kid where being in the Tehri city was totally different experience all together. The whole city used to be surrounded by big construction machinery and looking out of my bus window i used to wonder whether there would be a day when this Dam starts working and eventually it did. I got to witness the magnanimous lake as well.
After the Tehri Lake, traveling has been quite hectic but the place is worth a try.
1. It's 300 KMS from New Delhi and 100 KMs from Dehradun. It can be easily covered with your bike or car. Personal transport is preferred.
2. You can also try water sports in Tehri Lake.
3. Government transport buses can be easily available till Chamba / New Tehri. After that local buses are available but the options are less and the timings are strict. Please plan accordingly.
4. Driving in a hilly area is not advisable after dark.
5. Food and stay is cheap.
6. One can cover the stretch from Chamba - PeepalDali -Lambgaon -Chamba. It is beautiful and it takes you across whole of the Tehri lake.
7. You can experience the village life as well because the stretch has nothing but the villages.
8. People are nice and warm.
p.s. - Please go through the pictures. They are not from any particular place but the locations on your way.
Feel free to contact me if you need any information or planning to travel.