Goodbyes are never easy. No matter how much you try you can never evade this moment. But I knew that it was only a matter a time and soon we'll be back to the mountains. This is where the soul lies.
The downhill journey all the way to Siliguri was quite long and hectic. But no matter how tiring it was, we were fresh and in good spirits. Probably this was because of the energy injected in us by the mountains. We made new friends, we made new memories, some being extremely special. All these would remain deep imside within us and we would treasure them throughout our lives.
A few things to keep in mind:
1) Accommodation in these areas are very basic, so don't expect any sort of luxury.
2) Start early for Rongli. The Inner line permit is issued here and takes some time.
3) Its better to keep medications for Altitude Sickness.
4) While returning from Gnathang its better to halt somewhere for a night rather than directly going to Siliguri. The journey is indeed a long one and there lies a chance of missing the train.
For people travelling through air, halt at Siliguri.
5) It's nature at its very best. Do not harm the environment and enjoy responsibly.
Signing off until next time.
Follow my YouTube Channel : TheBackpackerdiaries
Leave your comments and DM on Facebook/Instagram for any queries.