Gokarna is a small town in Karnataka less famous among Indians and having a great fan following among the foreigners. This is the reason why you will see very less Indian tourists as compared to the tourists coming from different parts of the world. A place having silent beaches and warm vibes for one to relax and avoid the crowd that Goa possess.
MONTHS TO VISIT: December and January
HOW TO REACH:
1. Train to Gokarna road or Kumta
2. Bus to Gokarna
3. Flight to Goa and then bus to Gokarna
1. Less crowded beaches
2. Foreigners from different countries like England,Russia,Isarel,Italy,France etc.
3. Less popular but still more effective place
SPOTS TO VISIT:
1. Gokarna beach
2. OM beach
3. Kudle beach
4. Half moon beach
5. Paradise beach
6. Mahabaleshwar temple
7. Mahaganpati temple
8. Yana caves
9. Vibhooti falls
1. Hostel - INR 500/day
2. Scooty - INR 500/day plus petrol
3. Food - INR 200/meal
4. Vibhooti falls - INR 5/person
5. Ferry ride - INR 300/person
SPOTS IN BRIEF:
1) GOKARNA BEACH
This beach is located in Gokarna town and is mostly taken by the locals. No shacks are available on this beach. This is the beach where you will see the locals enjoying their time with their friends and families. You will find some local shops outside the beach selling some religious stuffs. You will rarely find any foreigners out in this beach.
THINGS TO DO:
Sit, have coconut water and just enjoy the locals enjoying.
1. Don't spend much time out here as this beach is very crowded
2. This beach is at walking distance from Kudle beach and also there is a long way to reach. So, be careful to take the shorter way to reach here from Kudle beach