A short drive from the quaint town of Dalhousie, then a half an hour of walk through a dense fir and deodar forest followed by a valley of wild daisies ending with a breathtaking view of the Mountains - Yes this is the route to Dainkund Peak, Dalhousie.
1. Dainkund, located at about 15Kilometers from the main town of Dalhousie can be easily reached by a taxi/cab.
2. The peak is positioned at a height of 2,755m above sea level making it the highest point of Dalhousie.
3. It gets maximum snowfall in the area during the winter season.
4. Vertex of the peak is occupied by the Indian Air Force and a left bend from there takes you to the Pholani Devi temple which houses nothing more than a trident.
5. Pleasant climate welcomes tourists all-the-year-round.
6. This place is also popular for its colorful flower valleys that looks even more beautiful during the rainy season.
7. The best time to visit this wonderful destination is in winter, when the hill is loaded with lush green trees, refreshing flowers and snow.
8. It is believed that in the old days there were witches living there who used to trouble the villagers, but today there is no such thing and the people living here are happy to be surrounded by the beautiful landscapes and stunning valleys.
9. The noise of the breeze passing through the trees creates a musical serenade earning it the name - The Singing Hill.
10. Being the highest mountain peak in the region, it offers a complete 360° view of the entire valley. If you are lucky, then you could catch a glimpse of the Kailash Mountain on a clear day.
The walk to the top is the mesmerising. You will pass through the tall and beautiful Deodar trees, calm forests, colorful flowers, and green valleys.
By the time you will reach the top you will find yourself amidst the clouds.
Enjoy the calm and peaceful surroundings, walk in the clouds while enjoying the view from the top.
Enjoying a meal on the ridge amidst the clouds is no less than a heavenly affair.
The view of Khajjiar Lake from Dainkund is something every photographer wishes to capture in his or her camera. There are a few villages nearby Dainkund that offers scenic charm and picturesque view of the mud houses in the village.
On a clear day, enjoy a glimpse of the beautiful snow-clad Himalayan peaks.
Tips Before Going:
1. Keep 2-3 Hours in hand for visiting the place. Best time to go during sunrise or sunset.
2. You can carry water/food to the top though you will find locals selling water/fruity/light snacks on the way.
3. Its a 30 Minutes Walk from the motorable road. The path is cemented and quite easy to walk with stairs at some places interrupted by slopes.
4. The top will be windy and you will feel cold even on a sunny day.
5. Last but not the least, please don't throw food packets/plastic wastes on the way or at the top to maintain the cleanliness of the place.