When we travel, we relinquish the idea of familiarity and tame maudlin nostalgia only to splurge on hard-hitting mix of emotions. Moving to a newer land generates a sense of open-mindedness and broadens the horizons, but a homeland is where you create unforgettable memories and irreplaceable friendships.
If your heart has ever succumbed to the breathtaking beauty of India and its charming people, then here's a quick look at the things you'll miss once you move abroad.
1. The streets won't feel the same without tempting and delightful street food stalls.
2. You won't celebrate festivals in the same fashion anymore - Only in India the messier it is, the merrier it gets!
3. You may have all the foreign shenanigans to soak in, but Cricket World cup madness isn't something you would want to miss.
4. A midnight walk across river Seine in Paris is nothing like savoring on sweet chuskis at India Gate or a stroll along the mesmerizing marine drive boulevard in Mumbai.
5. You'll miss the feeling of being a local.
6. There won't be exclusive ''Dabbawallas'' to deliver you fresh homemade food.
7. ''Jugaad'' is where the flexibilities are, and it's from your country that you've learned to apply these sharp lifehacks to survive on a daily basis.
8. Patriotism will hit you when you least expect it!
9. You'll have to hone your driving skills because other countries have laws.
10. And you'll finally realize the value of life on a shoe-string.