Slide down the grasslands down the mountains in the most epic of ways.
Finish the trek with a nice cold bath in the waterfall down.
How to get here:
• Board a bus to theni/bodinayakanur.
• The start point of the trek is karunji(16 km from bodi).
• From karunji ask the village people, they will guide you to the start point of the trek, follow the path, that will lead you to the top.
• If you want to directly reach the top
• Take a bus to munnar/Bodi.
• Head to suryanelli if your travelling from munnar.
• Hire a jeep to reach the top from suryanelli/bodi. Cost of a jeep is around 2500-3000. This is per jeep and it can accommodate 7-8 people.
About the trek
• The trek is around 13 km with easy to the moderate difficulty level.
• It has hill climbs, grasslands, forest walk, village walk and trail routes on the way.
• Pack light and carry food for going on the trek. There is no shop on the way.
• Start early and plan to reach on top by sundown. It is a totally different ball game trekking in the night here.
• There is absolutely no atms post bodi and 1 or 2 in suryanelli. So please withdraw cash here itself.
• Stays you have tent accommodation on top. Cost per person including food comes to 1000-1500 per person.• We haven’t explored the option of camping on our own on top, will update if we do find some spot for the same.