It’s actually clichéd to call oneself a traveler, because, well, who isn’t these days? I go to Instagram and everyone see around is either a “Traveler,” “Foodie” or at least a “Believer.” I would go two steps further and would like to call myself all three combined. I’m not fortunately gifted with a Scot’s lexicon, so I would not have a specific word for it but I believe you get the drift by now. During my travels across the country, I have made it a point to check out the best restaurants based on the recommendations of the denizen gourmets of respective places, and I have been a very lucky bastard that way. I have had a roving tongue since my first breath and having been a mildly revered foodie once on Zomato also helped, before they unceremoniously deleted my account. Assholes of the highest order, I tell you.
Anyway, I have spent the last week sleepless in order to jot down a comprehensive list of the best ten restaurants I have been to during all my travels across our beloved country. And here they are, in no particular order:
- Delhi – Olive Bar & Kitchen: Authentic Italian food. Sublime ambience under an all-encompassing tree.
- Mumbai – AER, Four Seasons Hotel: Mumbai is ultra-beautiful from this 34th floor roof-top bar. Is that not a reason enough to visit?
- Chennai – The Flying Elephant, Park Hyatt Hotel: This is as unique as it gets. A vertical dining restaurant that blows you over with its ambience.
- Pune – Paasha, JW Marriot Hotel: Well, if you are in Pune and are a student, this is THE restaurant to take your date to. I did.
- Udaipur – Ambrai, Amet Haveli: Decent food, average service, but a view to die for. Feel quite like a king in the city of palaces.
- Bengaluru – Grasshopper: In my humble opinion, this is the most perfect place to take your loved one to for a date. It’s appropriately designed to give the couples just the privacy that they want amidst soothing surroundings.
- Hyderabad – Taj Falaknuma Palace: This should surely burn holes in your pockets however deep they may be, but the impression it will engrave in your heart will be deeper.
- Goa – Thalassa: Sigh. Just go.
- Kolkata – Splash Swissotel: This is the best five-star hotel lounge I have been at. Outstanding service and decently priced.
- Shillong – La Galerie: If at all you needed another reason to visit the south East, it should be to eat at this place. Breathtakingly gorgeous.