5. You can buy your shuttle bus tickets at Aguas calientes (about $24 return as of Sept 2017). Do buy it in advance as the lines could be really long. The bus journey takes about 30-40 mins.
6. Wear long clothing or keep your insect repellent handy as you may find some bugs.
7. Always keep your passport with you. It is checked at the entrance. If you don’t have it you will be denied entrance.
8. Its no short walk in the park. Be prepared to walk/stand for about 2-3 hours, especially if you are taking a guided walking tour.
9. If you haven't booked a guided tour, you can find local guides at the entrance.
10. Machu Picchu is always tiring, so feel free to get an Inca massage or relax at the hot springs (about 20 soles) in Aguas Calientes when you're back.
11. If you have time, you could visit the Mandor waterfalls which is about an hour walk from Aguas Calientes.
12. If you're in need of extra cash, Aguas Calientes is not a bad place to exchange currency, but you may get better rates at Cusco.