Itinerary for a budget road trip to Rann of Kutch from Mumbai.
Distance from Mumbai: 1100 Kms
What’s unique: The mighty white desert which is endless. Offers mesmerising views on Sunrise and Sunset. Also the view at full moon night is mesmerising. Major attraction is the Rann Utsav which is organised by the Gujrat Government. It offers a dip into the tradition and culture of Kutch. Enjoy the local food and dances in the Rann utsav area. Also a tent city is being setup by the government which offers a deluxe stay at a premium, however budget accomodation are also available nearby.
Photography: Numerous frames including hills, valleys, white desert, sunrise, sunset and the culture and uniqueness of Kutch.
Time to Visit: Only between November and February as the weather and the geography is suitable and the Rann Utsav is running for these four months only.
Total time required: A minimum 4 full days. 5 Days are optimum though. Mumbai to Mumbai.
Required: Winter wear as it is cold in the night and early mornings.
Approximate Cost: Rs 5000 per person in a group of 4. All cost included(fuel, budget stay, food, snacks, permits and all the major expenses)
1) Own vehicle/hired vehicle (which takes you directly to the venue)
2) Train which takes you to Bhuj which is about 80 Kms from the venue.
3) Buses which will take you directly to the venue starting form Bhuj, Rajkot, Ahmedabad etc.
1) Sufficient parking lots available.
2) Restaurants and small shops in abundance on the route and the venue. Authentic Kutch and Gujarati cuisines.
3) Tents and Homestays available at an affordable cost of 1000-2000 per night depending on your bargaining skills. However premium tents Upto Rs 12000 per night also available depending on your budget.
4) Sufficient mobile network throughout.
Let’s begin the trip!!
Start from Mumbai at around 7AM with a target of covering 1000 kms to Bhuj at staying there at night.
Roads are awesome and all the amenities are available on the road side. The route is Mumbai, Surat, Vadodara, Ahmedabad and Bhuj.
Awesome and affordable Gujarati and Maharashtrian food(till the border) available on the roadside dhaba.
You will be Travelling on some of the best roads of the country.
Night stay at Bhuj. Good amount of options available at budget friendly prices.