Itinerary for a budget trek to Sinhagarh Fort from Pune.
Distance from Pune: 37 Kms
Difficulty level: Moderate
What’s unique: 2000 years old fort which offers a mesmerising view of Pune city and surrounding Sahyadri mountains, a river and a lake. Breathtaking sunrise and sunset views.
Photography: Numerous frames including hills, valleys, river and lakes. Remains of the fort and view of Pune city.
Total time required: Around 10 hours to and fro from Pune.
Required: Sports shoes and comfortwear.
Approximate Cost: Rs 250 per person. (Including travel, lunch and snacks on an average).
1) Own vehicle(takes you directly to the fort)
2) City Bus which drops to the point where trek starts(6 kms one side).
1) Sufficient parking lots available.
2) Restaurants and small shops in abundance on the trek route. Authentic Marathi cuisines including kanda bhaji, bhakri and other famous cuisines.
3) Washrooms available on the base and top.
4) Sufficient mobile network throughout.
How to reach:
1) Board the city bus number 50 from Shaniwarwada Bus Stop(Near Surya Hospital). Take the ticket to Sinhagarh at Rs 30 per ticket.
2) De-board at Sinhagarh stop which is the last stop. Trek begins from here only.
3) It takes around 2-3 hour while climbing uphill and 1-2 hours downhill. Take sufficient stops on the way.
4) Reach on the top where fort starts. It is spread widely and will take around 1 hour to roam around.
5) Fort is not in its proper shape and only its remains exist.
6) Have lunch and snacks on the top. You have sufficient options there itself.
7) Trek down and take the same bus to Swargate/Shaniwarwada.
This thrilling and joyous trip comes to an end.
That’s all folks!
Reach out to me on Instagram @amo_nymous for any suggestions or queries.