Tips for first time trekkers:
1. Carry enough water to stay hydrated. Carry some food with you as well, as you progress on the trek, the prices of eatables will keep increasing.
2. Do not carry too much weight on your back- carry only the essentials.
3. The weather up there at night gets cold, carry warm socks and jackets. Also, mosquito repellents is a must.
4. There's no electricity up there, so a torch is a must or save your phone battery to use as a flashlight.
5. The trek is exhausting, do carry medicines. Avoid taking shortcuts during the trek as they can be more strenuous in nature. Keep painkillers, medicines for hydration and headache/fever.
6. Wear proper footwear.
7. If you don't have plans to stay overnight (recommended you do camping), it's better to start downhill before sunset.
8. In case of a long weekend, it's better you make camp arrangements with vendors before hand, do not rely much on renting camps once you reach the top. It might be tough to rent a tent for yourself as usually they get sold out- in such cases, you would have to sleep without a roof on your head (the weather gets cold- how long will you survive) or you'll have to descend the same day, Both are tough options! Be Prepared!
9. Rule No.1 of camping is to wake up early and use the toilets before the pit gets overfilled. Carry sanitizer!
10. Though rest is advisable, but too much rest would also make you slow and the will power to complete the trek might start declining.
10. Water is a scarcity, use it wisely
11. Do not litter on the hill and during trek. On your way you'll find cartons where you can drop your plastic bottles.