Our next and last day in HCMC city was a bit of relaxing day. Our flight was at 1pm, so we had to at least start at 10am in order to reach on time and complete all the formalities at airport. So after our breakfast, we checked out and head to the airport. Our flight was via Malaysia to Bangalore, so it almost take 8-9 hours including and considering all time-zones.
Overall, it was a great trip. Even with well planned itinerary, it could go hectic since there are so many parts to see in this country and so many activities to do.Hence you should always keep your interests and preferences in mind while booking. Below are some important things to check before booking irrespective of choices of places/cities.
1. Google translator: with Vietnamese language offline mode downloaded. You will need it more than anything else since so much of language issue in this country.
2. Currency exchange: take some bill of dong currency from your country or withdraw from ATMs after landing to vietnam(if your bank supports international withdraws). Its important to have cash since all the roadside shops support only hard cash. Also be very aware of the domination over the currency since it gets very confusing.
3. Sim card: buy viettel since it has maximum coverage area and works in any part of the country.
4. Grab taxi: install grab app beforehand and save all your hotel locations in it before starting the trip or even install offline google map for vietnam.
5. Book hotels with breakfast: most of the hotels in vietnam comes with breakfast. It is really advised to book such hotels since its gonna take care of your one-time meal for a very cheap price, and also you wont have to worry about getting early and searching for breakfast options or paying the hotel extra for their room-service breakfast.
6. Water scarcity: not all hotels offer welcome water bottles in room. So whichever hotel has such option, get all your bottles filled before stepping outside. In restaurants as well, water is priced instead of given-as-free-drink.
7. Food options for vegetarians: Since majority of the country survives on sea food/egg, therefore there are very little options for vegetarians. I will highly suggest you to keep dry food options or instant food like maggi or poha, if possible take some tea bags, sugar and milk powder for an instant tea as well.
This country is very very safe place for women to travel. we were total of 4 women travelling and nowhere we have faced any issues even at last night or 3 in the morning. People are very good-hearted here and always ready to help. Don't forget to thank them after. :)