We reached the base camp, had lunch, relaxed for a bit and headed back to Malawali station to get ourselves going to a good night's sleep
All in all, I would call this an experience of a lifetime and that is what I want my life to be full of- experiences! This experience of getting lost, only to find a person with more grit and determination is what makes this trip even more memorable.
Trip Cost Break-down:
Return train cost(from Kurla): INR 190/-
Breakfast: INR 70-100( Depends on appetite and individual)
Lunch: INR 150-250( Depends on appetite, hotel and individual)
Takeaways from the trip:
- Wear proper trekking shoes, wear full sleeved tshirt, wear proper monsoon gear, keep the hands free.
- If you haven't trekked ever, don't go on this one alone as this isn't one of the easiest treks and requires some form of prior experience. If you're going with a guide and have a strong determination- head there now!
- Do check the weather before heading there, as torrential rains+winds would make the trip quite difficult.
- Carry ample amount of water and some snacks/energy bars as you never know how thirsty or hungry you'd get after the exerting trek.
- Take care of yourself always and help people in need. Don't go overboard for a selfie/image, because life is way more important than a photograph
That's all folks! Happy trekking!
If you like this post, do share. Also, feel free to connect with me on Twitter and Instagram too to talk travel. Handle is @dukhi_engineer