How to Book
Koh Hee Homestay is registered as Homestay under the Tourism Department’s Bed and Breakfast Scheme. John can be reached at 9474215682 or email him at email@example.com.
How to Reach
To reach Webi, take a bus from Port Blair to Diglipur and get down at Mayabunder’s Panighar junction. From there John can arrange a transport on request. It takes approximately 7 hours from Port Blair to Mayabunder and costs approximately Rs 320/- in an AC bus. The buses start from Port Blair early morning at 7am.
From doing nothing to indulging in various activities one can choose according to their interest.
• Guided forest walk/forest trekking.(There are 3 different routes, duration 1 hr. to 4 hrs. depending on people’s interest. During the walk I will give brief introduction about the rain forest in Andaman, explaining different layers of forest and species name in local and scientific and traditional use of the forest by the Karen communities.
• Guided mangrove walk along Austin strait.
• Guided bird watching along the paddy field and along the stream side using bird book, binoculars and bird call.
• Karmatang beach for site seeing and swimming.
• Participate in the ongoing work in the organic farm.
• Cooking class for Karen traditional food.
• Experience traditional style fishing along the fresh water stream with the Karen ladies
• Learning Karen traditional handicraft.
• Interaction with older member of the Karen community to know about the culture and history of the Karen settlement in the Andaman, sharing their experience during the British and Japanese occupation in the Andaman.
• Visit to Avis Island for snorkelling.
• Trip can be organize to visit turtle nesting beach at Cuthbert bay wild life sanctuary and mangrove walkway at Dhaninallah.
Photo credits: Anna Alaman