This is not my first backpacking, but there were a few things that make this trip different and cheap from my other trips.
1. I went with a group of 2 more friends, which make out trip cheaper,
2. We choose to travel from a private bus, an overnight journey
3. We stayed in a single room with an extra bed (Money saving mode :p )
4. We hired a car in munnar for 2 days and the expense is again divided in 3
So the journey is started on a Friday night...
We had our dinner at Hotel Sarvana Bhawan and took a nap, so that we are able to start exploring munnar at the next day.
Saturday Morning we checked into the hotel and hired a cab. I am lucky enough that i have some contacts in munnar and we got a friends hotel in a cheap price. (Hotel Mas Holiday's)
If you are a serious traveler, i am happy to help you in booking the hotel room in cheap price.
For Roaming in munnar, you have 2 options
1. Rent a bike
2. Rent a Cab (Auto rickshaw's are also available) 1000 per day max
As we have only 2 days, we hired a cab and went to the following places
1. Mattupetty Dam
2. Kundala Lake
3. Top Station View
4. Pothamedu View Point
We also roamed full munnar city by walk and had a visit to Spice Garden which has an area of 1500+ acre of spices plantation.
On Sunday evening, we boarded our bus to Bangalore and ended the trip