This was our last day in Kodaikanal, our bus was at 8pm. So we decided to go to all the places. So we hired a taxi and after bargaining he agreed to show us all the places for Rs 700. Don't think this is less, all the places there are located within the radius of 4-5 kms. Kodaikanal is not a big hill station. We started at around 9 and we completed all the places at around 4. The places that we visited are:
1. Pine Forest: Its a forest with just beautiful Pine trees and hundreds of monkeys.
2. Moiet point : It just a pillar sort of thing and behind which there is a valley called Shanti valley
3. Pillar rocks: These are just a pair of big rocks which you have to see from a distance( nothing special about them)
4. Guna caves: These are the cave like structures and which is surrounded ny very old tress. The roots of those trees are interconnected and are spread ver a larrge area.
5. Cascade falls: This is a very small waterfall( nothing special)
6. Coakers walk: last but not the least is the coakers walk. It is a beautiful man-made one-kilometre-long walking plaza built on the mountains. It is a preferred location for nice morning and evening walks. One can also choose to ride a bicycle to explore the scenic location.The sight is beautiful, and it almost makes one feel like they are walking in the clouds.
Sometimes you plan for something else but insted end up doing something else. Kodaikanal is much more than shrooms. We are glad that we went there and don't have a slightest regret as we didn't get the shrooms instead we are overwhelmed that we got to see a lovely place.
Suggestion: Kodaikanal is a very small place, and the taxis are really expensive there, so if you are tight on your budget then you should rent a bicycle and cover all the places . You can easily cover all the places in 2 days. 3 days are more than enough for Kodaikanal.