A trip to Mussourie is frequent for people from nearby places, especially Delhiites.
But most people take the routine boring route through Jakhan.
So we decided to travel through a route which is treacherous , haunted but beautiful.
If you can afford multiple stoppages then this one is perfect . This route is diverts just before Guchupani cave ( which you can visit in early morning hours) .
Then come back to take the diversion which leads you to Lambi Dehar Mines , which find place in top ten haunted places in India. There is a long waterfall and a haunted Administrative block nearby. Lambi Dehar has been explained by another blogger Saurabh Verma in detail on Tripoto.
Then to Hathi Paon leading finally to Company gardens & finally a place locally known as the Library in Mussouri.
Few important points:-
1) Start early to reach Guchupani at 7:00 to 7:30 am if you want to visit .
2) Best way for people coming from places like Delhi or farther will be to stay one night at Dehradun & explore the city then leave first thing next morning.
3) The way becomes treacherous & constricted as you gain altitude. There are long stretches where you can't park or reverse your car. So don't travel at night, especially with family.
4) There will be roadside patches where you can enjoy your meal or have a short picnic.
5) Also there are hotels & retreats if you start late or want to stay at Hathi paon.