Like your first kid, first car, first bike, first boyfriend...Your first foreign visit also holds a very special place in your heart and yes it was Dubai (The Dubai) for me.
Dubai , my home for almost an year is a crazy travelling destination .Walking through the beaches of jumeirah to the unending passages of creek makes it so mesmerizing that you would never want to turn back from there.
Dubai is just a perfect place for the extremists like me, on one end you have world’s tallest tower while on the other are oldest the trading zones of creek. Now, if I start writing about all the year stories you would either sleep or close the tab. 1. Jumeirah Beach – Yes you have to be here, and not for an hour but at least for an entire evening or night (if possible). I would recommend a start with dining at one of the nearby restaurants at Jumeirah (may be Sofitel) and then moving to the beach. Trust me at least in Asia this is one of the best and beautiful beach.
2. Desert Safari – Don’t ask for more if you get a Hummer for this ride. The best thing about desert safari is the safari ride , hold your breath and enjoy this super thrilling ride while your visit to Dubai ( other stuff to do : Dirt biking , Henna , Sheesha , Belly dancing and the complimentary Dinner )
3. Burj Khalifa – The only thing that I would want you to do is, reach the 123rd floor and look down for 10 mins ;). Definitely a must visit Burj Khalifa and its technological binocular (you can see the past, present and future) will leave you speechless.
4. Ibn Battuta Mall – If I have to recommend a mall that would be this , this 1 Km long mall is one of the best malls in Dubai . It has more than 20 courts depicting different countries and their culture, the pvr their also has like 20 screens.
5. Baristi (the place to be) – Baristi bar is a spectacular must go especially if you are on a trip with friends. An international place with a local touch. Places you can avoid
Although every place in Dubai is a must go , but if you are on a limited time schedule you can avoid the below places which are quite average as per me*
1. Global Village
2. Bur Dubai Ki galiyan
3. Dhow cruise ( nooo its just like goa)
Although I want to say more , write more , and go back to Dubai , I would recommend each one of you to visit this place at least once before you are 30 . Truly young, truly vivacious and truly International