Rajasthan has many forms of folk dances which are popular all around the globe. Whether it is the the Ghoomar dance from Udaipur and Kalbeliya dance of Jaisalmer, each dance form is so different from the other that only a skilled one can do it. I love them all and watching them go around and round in Chakri dance form (meaning Circle) or balancing more than 8 pitchers/earthern pots on their heads and dancing simultaneously in Bhavai is jaw-dropping.
Quick Sam Sand Dunes Safari Facts:
- Safaris are available from 1 to 6 days with overnight stays in the campsites.
- The price range is between 1000-2000 Rupees per day per person.
- Bookings can be made from your local hotel, tour manager from your selected provider, or online. Your taxi driver can help you too.
- Camels will transport passengers, baggage, and supplies, so do treat them ethically and pack light.
- The accommodations are only basic.
Essential Packing List for Camel Ride in Jaisalmer:
If you are on a day tour or plans to stay back in a campsite, you would need the following items to take with you:
- Cool clothes
- Jeans/Pants for the Safari to prevent chafing
- Sweaters/Shawls for the nights for it gets cold
- Comfortable shoes
- Water bottle
- Camera, Memory Card, Batteries
- Passport and Travel Documents
Best Time to Visit Jaisalmer:
November to March - for it is cooler in the day time and sightseeing and camel safaris are much more enjoyable. It is hot during the rest of the year.
I am glad I went on this trip with my loved one and this is one of the most memorable moments of my life and I would never forget Bablu. Do you like Rajasthan? Have you been on a Camel Safari? Share your experiences with me.
This blog was originally published on Kohl Eyed Capers.