Day 6 : 1st February 2012 ( Delhi )
HOHO bus tickets available at : http://hohodelhi.com/index.html
*Watch out for http://www.groupon.co.in/ to get special discounts around India to help you plan your trip.
*We got 50 % discount on our HOHO bus tickets.
We took the HOHO bus again and stop at Chandni Chowk for breakfast. Apparently celebrities came here to have their famous Paranthe Wali. It was indeed DELICIOUS !!! We decided to take away for snacks.
Breakfast - Rs 100 (average/pax)
(next to this restaurant)
Gold Fish Family Restaurant & Bar
Prakash Palace, Near Sai Baba Mandir,
Main Bus Stand, Umta Waddo,
Calangute, Bardez, Goa
We asked our guest house if they knew of any driver to drive us around Goa for a day tour. We managed to get one for Rs 1500 per day / Rs 500 per pax.
Below was what we spent during the day:
1. Breakfast at Jeffry Cafe : Rs 107 / pax
2. River Cruise (sunset) : Rs 150/pax
3. Lunch @ Swapna Hotel : Rs 160
4. Bought Banana from a local market : Rs 20
5. Chicken 65 on Cruise ship : Rs 40/ pax
6. Dinner: Rs 102 / pax
We decided to drop by Goa Tourism to see what they have to offer, and got ourselves a North Goa Tour since we did not know what else to do for the day. This tour cost us : Rs200/pax for an entire full day tour on a Mini bus.
Places we went : ( Additional expenses as below ) :
1. Dolphin Sightseeing : Rs 200 / pax
2. Anjuna beach : Rs 25 for my kulfi ice cream.
3. Suragade : Rs 130/pax for lunch
4. Mayem Lake view : Rs 10/pax entrance fee
We then got the tour guide to drop us off at Goa Bus Station, where we took a local bus to Baga Beach : Rs10/pax, to watch the sun set.
**MUST DO while in Goa - Hyppie kindda market with all sorts of souvenirs/arts & crafts / clothings / foods / beers / bars etc etc.. the list goes on and on.... you just have to come here!!!
1. Breakfast @ Calangute Beach : Rs 93/pax
*We had chocolate pancake
2. Swim and relax by the beach.
3. Ayurvedic massage : Rs 1500 for my pampering session.
5. Lunch : Rs 113/pax
8. Banana leaf rice for dinner @ Amavarthi Restaurant, Chennai : Rs 116.75/pax
Apparently places that we would like to visit was quite a distance away.
We took the highway heading towards Pondi Cherry. Toll : Rs15/pax return.
Arrived Tiger Cave after 30- 40 minutes drive or so. Guide fee : Rs 12.50/pax
Visited Mahalipuram Temple : Rs 10 - Local Price ; Rs 250 - Foreigner price
Then, we went over to Dakshin Chitra : Rs 75 - Local Price ; Rs 200 - Foreigner price
Total Petrol cost for the day was about : Rs 600 ( Rs 200 / pax).