Turkey Trip was one of my first international Backpacker's trip. There were lot of learnings in this trip starting from the preparation to successfully executing most of the planned things.I used the local transport to go around the city or when going from one city to another, except Istanbul to Kayser and Izmer to Istanbul. Thanks to my Friend and colleague Chetan B.R who researched almost all of this trip. He is one of the travel guru.
Below is my Video Blog that i did of all the places i visited in Turkey in 4:30 min. Hope you like.
Timeline of the Youtube Video:
[00:01] : Bangalore Airport
[00:02] : Istanbul International Airport
[00:04-[00:07] : Istanbul New City
[00:08] –[00:16]: Istanbul Boat Trip and few other small places near European side.
[00:17] : Goreme, Cappadocia
[[00:19] –[00:22] : Just Before Rose Valley
[00:23] –[00:25] :Pigeon Valley
[00:26] –[00:29] :Goreme Castle,Cappadocia
[00:30] –[00:32] :View Rose valley, Goreme Castle,Cappadocia
[00:33] –[00:34] : Goreme shopping stores.
[00:35] –[00:43] : Hot Air Balloon ride,Cappadocia
[00:45] –[00:47] : view from Hot air ballon ride, Cappadocia.
[00:48] –[01:17] : All places as part of Green Tour, Goreme, Cappadocia.
[00:18] –[01:21] : Konya otogar (bustop)
[00:1:26] –[01:27] : Entrance of Mevlana Museum, Konya
[01:28]-[1:33] :Inside Mevlana Museum
[01:34]-[1:41] : Outside Mevlana Museum, Konya
[01:42]-[1:44] : Outside Mevlana Museum, Konya at night
[01:44]-[1:46] : Entrance of Whirling Darvish dance theatre, Konya
[01:47]-[1:55] : Whirling Darvish performance , Konya
[01:56]-[2:00] : Whirling darvish dance theatre during summer, Konya
[2:01]-[2:02] :Going to otogar at 2:00 AM to catch bus to Antalya.
[2:03]-[2:07] : City Center Antalya, on the way to Old city of Antalay.
[2:07]-[2:10] :Entering Old Town, Antalya
[2:10]-[2:20] :Around Old town of Antalya.
[2:21]-[2:34] : Antalya Archeological Museum, Antalya
[2:21]-[2:34] :Sea shore area in Old town of , Antalya
[2:47]-[2:50] :Fetheye sea port, Fethey
[2:51]-[2:53] : Near saklikent Canyon, Fetheye
[2:54]-[2:55]: Fethey Old town,Fethey
[2:55]-[2:57] : saklikent Canyon, Fetheye
[2:58]-[2:59] : Tlos amphi theatre, Fetheye
[3:00]-[3:16] : 12 Island Boat Trip, Fetheye
[3:17]-[3:35] :Paragliding , Fetheye
[3:37]-[3:42] : Driving in Europe, toward Saklikent, Fetheye
[3:47]-[4:00] : Thermal Pools, Pamakkule
[4:01]-[4:03] : Cleopatra's Thermal Pool at Hierapolis/Pamukkale
[4:03]-[4:07] :Amphitheatre Hierapolis, Pamukkale
[4:08]-[4:14] :Izmer Airport,Izmer
[4:20]-[4:22]: Sultanahmet, Istanbul
[4:22]-[4:25]:Inside Topkapi Palace, Istanbul
[4:25]-[4:29]: beautiful Streets on the way to Galata Tower, Istanbul
[4:29]-[4:30]:Galata Tower, Istanbul
[4:30]-[4:36]:Streets ,Glass floor hotel, Istanbul
[4:37]-[4:39]:Famous Fishing on the bridge, Istanbul
[4:39]-[4:47]:Blue Mosque (outside and Inside ), Istanbul
[4:47]-[4:52]: Hagia Sophia Museum,Istanbul
[4:52]-[4:55]: Basilica Cistern, Istanbul
TIPS for Travellers:
1. Plan the golden hour boat trip on the old city side in Istanbul (there are only few companies who does this tour else mostly it will be new city side)
2. Consider picking the alldaywifi or similar device which will provide data that can be connected to phones, laptop, ipads etc. This is to save really high roaming data rates.
3. Watch Darvish dance preferably in Konya, else where its too commercial.The darvish dance happens only on Saturday at 7PM
4. Get your currency converted preferably inside the city and not in airports (may be small denominations can be bought in airport).
5. Don't miss Paragliding and 12 island boat tour at Fetheye.
6. When planning to go to Pamakkule , please check with hostel /hotel guys as to how the water is controlled on the Thermal pools on that particular day , what i mean is the flow of water to the thermal pools is usually controlled artificially to maintain its beauty, so sometimes they will make the water flow to the thermal pools on the side, if that is the case one might not be able to see the same scenic view as you see in photos etc. Preferably try to go on a day when the water is available at the center thermal pools.
7. Check out the flights offer that are usually very cheap (65L) from Turkish airlines and other local airlines.