This was my last day in Vietnam. I had my flight back to Delhi at 8 in the evening. So, I strategically planned the day and did some quick shopping with the remaining money, went to a local market Dong Xuan, had a nice Veg Pho (noodle soup) for lunch and boarded a bus for the airport. This is an air-conditioned Bus no. 86 which can be taken from the Hanoi railway station for just 30,000 VND. It takes almost 50 minutes to reach Noi Bai international airport.
I did miss going to many more stunning places like Dalat, Sapa, Mui Ne because of time constraint. I do feel 2 weeks is not enough to explore the entire Vietnam. Well, I guess I managed well being solo and took back a massive photo album and more than that many unforgettable memories. Vietnam, you were breathtaking :)
Few important tips I'd like to share:
1. In all honesty, avoid the South completely. It has nothing great to offer unless you have way too much time. Ho Chi Minh is boring!
2. Since the denominations of VND is very high and suffixed with three zeroes, be very cautious while spending money. 1 INR is equal to around 320 VND. Don't get confused with the similar color of few notes. Always see your zeroes well.
3. If you are a vegetarian, you can face issues in smaller places and just be able to eat noodles, veg pizza or sandwich etc. Not many options in short. You can go to Indian restaurants around. Ganesh Restaurant at Hoi An is a must-visit. Super delicious Dal Rice!!
4. If you can carry a bit of more luggage, try shopping at Hoi An as I found the rates comparatively lower there. The night market is great too.
5. You won't be able to cover the entire Vietnam in two weeks. It needs atleast a month. I had to miss out on few places. So plan strategically so that you are not really rushing all the time. It's always better to enjoy one place rather than rushing to 10 places.
6. Learn few words like Hello, Thank you, Sorry, Yes, No in Vietnamese. Always helps with locals. Plus wear a smile and be polite with people. Good luck!