“Chasing angels or fleeing demons, go to the mountains.”
“Great things are done when men and mountains meet; This is not done by jostling in the street.”(William Blake)
Let the soul wander off in the mountains. Lets get back to our roots.Lets get grounded again.How it feels to travel on rickty path.Gathering courage to move out in sub zero temperture to witness the sunshine.Manage without electricty or mobile or internet.
How to Reach
Day 1: Start from Kolkata via train in the night and reach New JalpaiGuri early next morning. Day 2: NJP to Sukhia to Manebhanjan to Tonglu. Day 3: Drive to Sandakphu and halt Day 4: Return from Sadakphu to Manebhanjan. Then to Sukhi and onwards to Darjeeling Day 5: Left in afternoon for New Jalpaiguri for return train to Kolkata
1. The weather will be harsh with temperature going below zero degree. What will make living terrible will be the constant strong wind which will make the feel temperature even lower.
2. Medicines are Vomit, Fever, Body pain, Rashes, Dizziness
3. Two woolen sweater along with one wind sheeter. Couple of extra layering in terms of full shirt will add extra protection
4. Wear a loose pant which can accommodate few layers inside in terms of thermal and other skin tights
5. Ear Plug, Cap, muffler and gloves
6. Power bank as there would be no electricity
Day 1: Kolkata to New Jalpaiguri
We finished office early and rushed to Howrah station to catch the train. On reaching the station we had snacks and packed dinner. Since the route from Kolkata to NJP is very crowded since NJP being the focal point for entry to North East, we managed to get only sleeper class in peak winter. We put on the extra layers we were carrying and managed to have a descent journey.