During my recent visit to New Delhi, I came across many people struggling for directions. Though the administration has given us the gift of Delhi metro, yet people struggle to locate stations of start and end point. So i thought of coming up with this post that will help u plan your metro travel in a better way and you will be able to make your local travel fit your pocket budget.
FOR EXAMPLE YOU HAVE TO GO FROM POINT A TO POINT B.
1. TYPE IN GOOGLE SEARCH - NEAREST METRO STATION NEAR POINT A. NOTE THAT.
2. TYPE IN GOOGLE SEARCH- NEAREST METRO STATION NEAR POINT B. NOTE THAT.
( YOU CAN MANUALLY SEARCH THE NEAREST STATIONS ON GOOGLE MAPS ALSO)
3. OPEN WEBSITE delhimetroroute.in
4. Fill the Starting and End Station.
5. The search result will show you detailed information on how to proceed.
6. While going through the details u must note the following:
7. It is always a two way metro. So u must see you have to take metro going to which side ( you will find a route plan of train on the platform also for cross checking your direction of travel)
8. Must check the color of Metro line as there are a number of lines interconnecting and you may have to switch lines in between to reach the ultimate destination.
9. Each metro station has multiple exit points. so must note down the exit gate you have to take so that you can exit to the nearest point of your destination.
10. You will find dedicated Boards to help you enter or exit.
NOTE: To avoid heavy rush in the ticket lanes, it is preferred to make a Metro Card , that can be made at any metro station. It is a card which can be topped up with any amount as per your needs and the security is also refundable. Also the travel through card carries a discount.
Still if you feel stuck you can always contact me.