We are group of 10 member's started our Journey in Belapur, Mumbai by Car as it is a trip conducted by my company but sadly it is not a paid trip so all we have to pay a Rupees 1000 for this trip. It is a best near off beat trip in hot weather in the month of April.Here we enjoying at car in 14th April.
-We all arrive at the campsite by around 6pm as all we know that 6:20 pm is the time of sunset. Here we enjoy the sunset and before going dark we check into the allotted camps which is arrange by third party.
- We are in a group so we spend some time exploring the area here and there before settling around the bonfire, campfire for a session of singing, dancing, games and many more activities.
- We enjoyed veg Non-veg BBQ in the cold night as the temperature is decreasing every second but still we enjoyed a late night dinner and activities before settling in camp.
- We all woke up early so we can hang the near by place and enjoy a mesmerizing sight of the lake in the morning. We had breakfast and spend some more time but we all know the Mumbai traffic.
Best time to go: The best time to visit Bhandardara is from August to December as Summer is quite hot here in the morning so it is not recommended to visit Bhandardara in summer i.e. especially in March, April and May month but yes We went in summer, In night temperature was just opposite.
How to Reach Bhandardara-
1. By Road-Mumbai is 168 km from Bhandardara and can be accessed through NH3 followed by a right turn from Ghoti toll post.
2. By Train-Igatpuri is the nearest railway station which lies on the Mumbai - 45 km from Bhandardara, where you can take public transport.