Get ready for an immersive experience of skiing at an off-beat destination located in the Barod village of Manali, surrounded by the giant upper Himalayan ranges. On this Mindful Retreat, unwind at the homestay located at the edge of beautiful apple orchards and overlooking the mighty Hampta Pass, offering 5 bedrooms, a small front yard, a gorgeous unrestricted terrace, and a cozy common room with plenty of beautiful unrestricted views! Hike to the picture-perfect Barod Parsha waterfall, 15 minutes from the retreat, and be greeted by the pine forests and undefined hiking trails all around. Come, and weave stories at this winter wonderland!
Book now to avail free one-time rescheduling option. Let us know 72 hours ahead of the stay and pick another date as per your convenience within the next three months.
- Learn skiing
- Experience a hot spring bath
- Bonfire, music, and games
- Guided waterfall hike
- Lunch with the community
Stay and Host:
- Deluxe rooms on double occupancy basis @ Rs 15799 per pax
- Deluxe dorm beds @ Rs 13799 per pax
- The price includes stay, meals, and mentioned activities
- Pets are not allowed at this retreat
- Piyali Kar who alternates with a volunteer, would be your host at the retreat and would love to show you a slice of this heaven on your travel journey.
For the activity, you will require:
- Sunglasses are a must on sunny days in the snow. They can be lifesavers.
- Sunblock is compulsory to avoid sunburns.
- Emergency medicines
- Ample warm clothing for day to day including socks, headbands, and gloves.
- Hair Blow Dryer
- Personal water bottles for activity.
- The hot spring bath is a clean and mixed private bath, along with you, there will be all your ski batch mates. You can carry swimming trunks and bras for it. Whatever you are comfortable with.
- Carry healthy snack food like dry fruits and Energy bars which can keep you fed during the activity.
How to reach:
You can find ‘The Other Destination’ on google maps here.
By Air: Book a flight for Bhuntar (Kullu), followed by a drive of about 1 hour and 10 minutes to the destination.
By Bus: Book an overnight bus for Manali from Delhi or Chandigarh. Night buses drop off early in the morning at the Manali bus stand. Take a taxi to the property for about 500 INR.
By Road: Enjoy a scenic drive for about 11hrs of national highways to reach Manali. Cabs are available for Chandigarh (7hrs) or Delhi (11hrs).