This winter, take a break from the hustle & bustle of your daily life and soak in the serenity of Mandawa, where time stands still. Tripoto Mindful Retreats has combined the best of a luxury stay along with fun-filled activities that'll make your next getaway a memorable affair. On this luxe cooking retreat, you’ll stay at the 200 year-old Mandawa Kothi and learn how to cook authentic Rajasthani delicacies including Gatte Ki Sabzi and Laal Maas in the royal kitchen!
Walk down the postcard-perfect streets and markets of Shekhawati and experience the slow local life of this quaint town –
Enjoy a camel ride down the fresco-laden streets, stop by local sweet shops that have been popular for decades, and warm up with a cup of chai and dal kachori. Undoubtedly, this royal retreat would keep you on your toes and take your tastebuds on a culinary joyride!
Enjoy a guided heritage walk to meet the artisans living here for centuries to experience local traditions like 'Tie and Dye' fabric work. A unique opportunity to immerse yourself in Rajasthani history and culture, the retreat is inclusive of delicious meals, all the activities, and accommodation at the magnificent Mandawa Kothi, which belonged to one of the richest trader families of India, and even features in famous Bollywood movies like PK and Bajrangi Bhaijaan.
Holding on to incredible tales from the past, this Kothi was deserted for decades before its owner Rajendra Singh Palawat finally brought it back to life by renovating it in a way that it still holds on to its uniqueness and royalty. And now, you get to experience it first-hand at this Mindful Retreat. Explore Rajasthan differently this time, book your spot at this culinary getaway!
What you will love
- Unwinding at a heritage haveli that's now a modern boutique hotel
- Cooking delicious Rajasthani meals with the chef in the royal kitchen
- Experiencing local traditional activities like 'Tie and Dye' fabric work, camel rides, and savoring the taste of dal kachori & local sweets
- You will stay at Mandawa Kothi on a twin-sharing basis, in a Deluxe room.
- Pets are allowed at this retreat.
- Find Mandawa Kothi on Google Maps here.
How to reach
- Road: Mandawa Kothi can be reached by road from Delhi (262 km) and Jaipur (170 km).
- Train: The nearest railway stations are Churu and Sikar. From there, you can take a cab to reach the Kothi.
- Air: The nearest airport is Jaipur Airport, 170 km away from the property It takes about 3 hours from the airport to reach Mandawa.