With a set of new and stricter protocols, Zostel during its four-day long campaign announced that its Mumbai, Delhi and Jaipur properties will serve as quarantine centres on the first day.
"Owing to the worsening situation in these cities, we’d like to announce that our hostels here have also been acting as a quarantine facility for isolation purposes. The on-ground team follows all government standards to ensure the well-being of isolated patients, the guests and staff alike," said Zostel on their Instagram post.
For the second day of the campaign, Zostel introduced a set of five printable posters that can be used to spread awareness about the pandemic in any public space. For their third day, Zostel put out a "Stop the Spread" poster that had a list of essential practices to fight the pandemic.
In the final leg of the #BuildTheBubble campaign, Zostel announced that it has opened the doors to its properties with stricter Covid-19 protocols. This means that the travelers checking in at any Zostel will have to present a mandatory Covid-19 negative RT-PCR report (no older than 72 hours) regardless of the state guidelines. Tests will also be mandatory at the hostels.
What's in it for you?
1. Travellers booking a stay for 7+ days will be offered a special price.
2. Hygienic home-cooked meals and meal packages will also be provided at special rates.
3. Long-stay residents will also have access to dedicated safe spaces within the hostels.
4. Provision of sanitisation counter where travellers can disinfect any outside materials such as parcels, bags, etc.
5. Nighttime curfews and movement restrictions that will be within the property in order to limit interaction and maintain a safety bubble.
6. purchase requests can be given to the in-house staff to bring essentials from outside the hostel.
7. Suitable, relaxed and work-friendly environment to digital nomads.
8. Internet connection, dedicated workstations and comfortable common areas and rooms.
Safety Protocols that have been taken upon by Zostel
1. Regular sanitisation of all hostel areas (indoor & outdoor)
2. Temperature checks of the staff and residents
3. Strict adherence to universal health and hygiene guidelines
4. Availability of well-equipped first-aid and Covid-19 observation kits.
With this, Zostel ensures that they're still providing a happening vibe, the most scenic workstations, and a good internet connection to make the digital nomad's work-centred stay comfortable. However, it's advisable to stay safe and avoid non-essential travel as much as possible.
What do you think of this new initiative by Zostel? Tell us in the comments below.
Ready to travel for free? Earn credits and redeem them on Tripoto’s weekend getaways, hotel stays and vacation packages!
Earn credits and travel for free with Tripoto's weekend getaways, hotel stays and vacation packages!