Best Time to Visit India
- Winters are from November to February. This is the peak season to travel to India. Favorable weather and temperature makes it ideal for sightseeing, city breaks and other outdoor activities. Rajasthan, Goa, Delhi, Agra, Kerala, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, and Maharashtra are the perfect to visit during these months. Most of Himalayas will greet you with snow during this season.
- Summers are from March to May. This is the ideal time to visit north and northeast India. Most hill stations ideal during this season, such as - Ladakh, Kashmir, Ooty, Manali, Spiti Valley, Darjeeling, Rishikesh, Auli and Uttarakhand.
- Monsoons are from June to October. The rains offers respite from heat. Monsoon are the best season to experience Kerala, Cherrapunji, Agra, Delhi, Rajasthan, Lonavala, Darjeeling, Kodaikanal, Goa, Coorg, Orchha and Kutch.
Budget for India
For Budget Travellers: INR 600 - 1000 a day
- Accommodation in hostels and lodges: INR 60-400
- Food in local cafes and street eateries: INR 50-200
- Public Transport in autorickshaws, metro and buses: INR 10-50
- Sightseeing (Entry-tickets & shows): INR 50 - 200
For Mid-range Travellers: INR 1000 to INR 3000 a day
- Accommodation in mid-range hotels and homestays: INR 500 - 1000
- Food in mid-range cafes and restaurants: INR 300 - 800
- Local transport local taxis: INR 100 - 600
- Sightseeing & Tours: INR 100 - 1000
For Luxury Travellers: INR 6000 and upwards
- Accommodation in 4* or 5* hotels: INR 4000 and upwards
- Food in upscale restaurants and bars: INR 1000 and upwards
- Local transport in cabs: INR 400 and upwards
- Sightseeing and Activities: INR 1000 and upwards
Visa Information for India
The nationals of Bhutan, Nepal and Maldives do not require a visa to enter India. This visa is valid for upto 30 days and costs ₹2000.
More than 100 nationalities can obtain a 30-day e-Tourist visa by applying online prior to arrival. This visa is valid from the day it is issued. This visa allows two entries into India through the airports in Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bangalore, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, and Varanasi or through the seaports in Cochin, Mangalore, and Goa.
Countries or territories that require an e-Visa fee of USD 25 (+2.5% bank fee) are Japan, Singapore, and Sri Lanka. All Japan nations are permitted to apply for a visa on arrival at the Kolkata, Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, and Chennai airports.
Countries or territories that require an e-Visa fee of USD 50 (+2.5% bank fee) are Albania, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameron Union Republic, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Island, Chile, China, China (Hong Kong SAR), China (Macau SAR), Colombia, Comoros, Costa Rica, Cote d'lvoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Republic of Korea, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Myanmar, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Norway, Oman, Palestine, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Rwanda, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks and Caicos Island, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vatican City, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
Countries or territories that require an e-Visa fee of USD 75 (+2.5% bank fee) are Mozambique, Russia, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and United States of America.