Maldives Tourism, in several ways, is synonymous with the very idea of exotic romantic getaways. With around 1200 islands and perhaps the best beaches in the world, this Indian Ocean archipelago is the closest one could get to heaven. The twenty-six atolls that make up Maldives have a predominantly Muslim population and a vast colonial history. With its pristine white sands, aquamarine waters and possibly the most diverse underwater ecosystem, this tropical getaway invariably features in bucket lists of all kinds of travellers. Incidentally the lowest country in the world, the endless expanse of the ocean will greet travellers at every step as they go about their Maldives itinerary. And then, as mentioned before, its brilliantly colourful coral reefs with over a thousand striking marine species will enchant even the most experienced of wanderers.
Day 1 and 2
Amazing Things to Do in Maldives: Male
1. Visit the impressive Grand Friday Mosque and the Islamic Centre. Both serve as the most important architectural landmarks in the city and are essential places to visit in Maldives.
2. Take the Whale Submarine excursion to develop a better understanding of life on a reef. Of all the many touristy things to do in Maldives, this one will stay with you for a very long time.
Day 3 and 4
Amazing Things to Do in Maldives: Kuda Bandos
1. Kuda Bandos is perhaps the best island for snorkelling in Maldives. It is an idyllic escape for those who want to do nothing but relax and have a nice private picnic.
2. Spend an entire day in the warm embrace of Hulhumale Island. It interestingly has a superb artificial beach that forms an integral part of your Maldives itinerary.
3. You happen to be in one of the most beautiful places in the world. Maldives tourism is all about taking some time to appreciate its magnificence and perhaps indulge in a luxurious spa treatment or two.