You don't want to miss out on certain essentials for your trip to Ooty. Here's a list to guide your travel packing: Plastic is ban here and otherwise also I would never advise you to use it. Simply because it destroys the natural beauty of a place and is harmful to the environment.
1. A backpack.
2. Clothing: the number as per your requirement, socks and warm woollies.
3. Shoes are the best footwear choice.
4. Toiletries as per your requirements.
5. Water bottle (Carry your own. You cannot buy from any stores due to plastic ban). The bottles can be refilled from the water ATMs around.
6. Your essential medications.
7. Raincoat/umbrella- it can rain anytime irrespective of the season.
8. Camera and earphones.
9. Paper Covers /antiemetics for those who have travel sickness due to hairpin bends.
BEST TIME TO VISIT:
The Summer - April, May is peak season time for people who come to escape the heat or to spend their vacation. If you don't like crowds and long traffic waits in this little town, avoid the summer plan.
The month of May is a very colourful month though. The Flower show, Rose show, fruit and Vegetable show and dog shows are hosted in this month.
Monsoon - July, August is marked with continuous drizzles and rains. For people who want to relax and are taking a break from the everyday hustle of life, this time is soothing.
October - December is the best time to be here. For those who can bear the winter chillness, Ooty is a paradise during December.