All the pictures and video are captured by me and copyright hold the "MN Photofactory" and "Travel with MN".
MN Photofactory: https://www.facebook.com/mnphotofactory
Travel with MN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XPgQIrhp5E
Channel Name: Travel with MN
Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XPgQIrhp5E
St. Martin's Island (সেন্ট মার্টিন্স দ্বীপ/ সেন্ট মার্টিন আইল্যান্ড) is a small island (area only 8 km2) in the northeastern part of the Bay of Bengal, about 9 km south of the tip of the Cox's Bazar Teknaf peninsula, and forming the southernmost part of Bangladesh. There is a small adjoining island that is separated at high tide, called Chhera Island. It is about 8 kilometers (5 miles) west of the northwest coast of Myanmar, at the mouth of the Naf River. Local name of the island is "Narical Gingira", also spelled "Narikel Jinjira/ Jinjera", that means 'Coconut Island' in Bengali. It is the only one coral island in Bangladesh.
St Martin’s Island is perfect for tourist who is truly interested in escaping the holds of a modern world. Do not expect to find taxis, tarred roads or electricity here. Lodges are dependent on generators, as the island is all about sun, sea and palm trees. During the day, the island comes alive with water and beach sports, with beach parties and bonfires lighting up the evening skies. For the use of a phone or a reminder of what a television set looks like, visitors can pop down to the Coast Guard station.
It's possible to walk around the island in a day because it measures only 8 km2 (3 sq. mile), shrinking to about 5 km2 (2 sq. mi) during high tide. This is the only coral island of Bangladesh.
St. Martin's Island has become a popular tourist place. Currently, some (about 5 to 6 in number) shipping liners run daily trips to the island, including Sea-Truck and Keary-Sindbad. Tourists can book their trip either from Chittagong or from Cox's Bazar or from Dhaka. The surrounding coral reef of the island has an extension named Chera Dwip. The golden sandy sea beach and crystal clear blue water memorize you the koh lipe island of Thailand.
1. You need to fly or take a direct bus down to Cox's Bazar, and then take a bus to Teknaf, which is the most southern thana of Bangladesh, beside the Myanmar border.
2. You can also take the rail to Chittagong and catch a bus to Teknaf via Cox’s bazaar. In this way of transport may cost a little less from the first two mode of transportation. But it may take an hour or two longer to reach Teknaf.
3. You also can take a bus from the capital city of Dhaka and it will take 12 to 13 hours to reach the Teknaf Ship terminal.
4. Luxurious Passenger Ships left Teknaf every morning at 9.30 am, and return from St. Martin Island in the same day at 3.00 pm (Services available only from the Month of October to Middle of the April)
Attractions of St. Martin's Island:
1. Sunrise & Sunset
2. Sandy Beach
4. Moonlit Night
5. Engine Boat or Speed Boat Tour around the Island
6. Walking Through Cycling the Island
7. Scuba Diving
9. Sea Bath & Sun Bath
10. Sea Fish Fry, Coconut Water
11. Samudra Bilash (The home of the late popular poet of Bangladesh Dr. Humayun Ahmed
Accommodation in St. Martins Island is limited, so it is advisable to book accommodation before you plan to go to this Island. Motel Nijhum is one of the best hotels in St. Martins Island. To book in Motel Nijhum, confirm you reservation from Dhaka. You will hardly get a chance to stay in this hotel if you are a sudden visitor of St. Martins Island. The other good hotels are Prashad Paradise & Sraboni Bilash.Booking of these hotels are also possible from Dhaka. All these three hotels are situated adjacent to Seashore. From these hotels lobby or veranda, you can enjoy the Sea. There are some other motels and hotels established in St. Martins Island. Overnight staying in St. Martins Island is really an exotic feeling where you will feel and listen the sound of Sea. If you are lucky enough then you can spend the exotic moonlit night at St. Martins Island.
The beauty of Full moon in St. Martins Island cannot be expressed,