Day 4 is the most exciting day and we decided to do something which in general people donot do. We were to visit Tiger hill on cycle . There is place adjacent to Tom n Jerry cafe where you can get rented Mountain cycles. Our Homestay host- Paulzor has helped us to get the cycles. We were very excited to cycle to Tiger hill. Normally people take cars or bikes to reach Tiger hill. It's a 10Km journey from Mall road and it's almost complete uphill journey. It took 2.5 hrs to reach Tiger hill and trust me you will get tired so have water with you. I always think - "If your legs get tired .. keep trust on your heart". At one point we thought to give up but the never give up attitude kept our zeal alive and yes we did it . The view from tiger hill is worth the pain and struggle of cycling 10km uphill. That day we could see the peak of Mount Everest also. It's the pleasure to witness the natural beauty. We took some rest over there and started our downhill journey afterwards. Please make sure you come back before 5 as it will be pitch black and may be not safe too. The way to tiger hill is also through a sanctuary. After 20kms of cycling we were little tired..but ofcourse it's a lifetime experience to cherish.
We went to to mall market in the evening to wrap up our never ending shopping..and yes thats how our Darjeeling trip remains one of the memorable trip of ours.
Next day morning we packed our bags and started for Burdwan at 7 am and reached home at around 11:30 pm.
Points to note:
1) Heyagriva Airbnb link - https://www.airbnb.co.in/rooms/9797571?source_impression_id=p3_1604742063_mniJXVDNXX2SUCcQ
2) I will not recommend road trip from Kolkata as the roads are not worth for Road Trip. Better take flight or train
3) Cycle rent is 700 INR per cycle per day
4) Heyagriva uses an ancient method of Sanitization.
5) Total expense for 3 person in road trip is 30000 INR