This workshop will delve into the art of descriptive writing – a key aspect of storytelling, whether one is writing fiction, non-fiction or captions and text for social media. The idea of the workshop is to help the attendees understand the various nuances with which they can bring their surroundings to life by clearly articulating their thoughts and feelings. Here’s what the course will include:
Why descriptive writing is the key to storytelling
How to bring your writing to life through detail – Using sensory imagery – Employing figurative language
Examples and case studies of descriptive writing
Writing ideas and dealing with writer’s block
A list of resources to keep you learning
Let’s do a writing assignment
Reviews and my assessment
About the host
Saumia Bhatnagar is a travel writer at Tripoto and has written over 300 stories and blogs covering her exploration of India and the world. She also documents her travels on her Instagram, where she goes by the name ‘Saumiabee’. She believes that her travel experiences remain incomplete till she has shared them with her audience.
This is a live event streamed on Zoom. Please download Zoom App for free on your desktop or mobile device. After you book, you’ll receive an email with a link and details on how to join. Please note: Participants will not be allowed to enter the workshop after 30 minutes of its commencement.
How to participate: This is a live event streamed on Zoom. Please download Zoom for free on your desktop or mobile device. After you book, you’ll receive an email with a link and details on how to join.
Participants will not be allowed to enter the workshop after 30 minutes of its commencement.
Terms and Conditions
1. All bookings for Tripoto Experiences are non-refundable.
2. Bookings are non-transferable. Your identity will be cross-checked before attending the workshop.
3. In case an experience is cancelled, the refund will be processed within 45 days.
4. Hosts alone are responsible for the experiences they provide. Tripoto assumes no liability and is only responsible for making the experiences and host's services available through the Tripoto platform.
5. The recording of the workshop will not be shared even in case of non-attendance.
All bookings for Tripoto Experiences are non-refundable.
Enter Your Details and Proceed To Pay
You missed it
Sorry, this workshop is already over, but you can check out other available workshops here