Hosted in English | 1.5 Hours
About the workshop
Getting started on Youtube can be a scary and intimidating process, but it is also a great way to build a connection with your audience, unleash your creativity and even make a living! In this workshop, Rohith will take you through the steps to start your own travel Youtube channel and make it successful. Here’s the workshop course:
- Introduction: How Rohith made the transition from being a corporate lawyer to a full-time travel Youtuber
- How to get started on Youtube even if you don’t have the right skills or equipment
- Key factors that are required on Youtube: creativity, uniqueness, authenticity, domain knowledge, etc
- Sustainability as a content creator in the travel industry: Finding your niche, importance of frequency etc
- How to make money as a Youtuber
- Pros and cons of being a travel content creator
- Q & A session
About the host
Rohith Ashok was a corporate lawyer before he quit his job and started exploring opportunities connected to his interests in travel and motorcycles. What began as a journey to see and experience more of the world grew into an alternate way of life for him. He now spends a considerable part of every year travelling, often riding motorcycles through some of the most adventurous routes within and outside India. Having found a way to combine his penchant for adventure with the opportunities of digital media, Rohith is now counted amongst the leading travel- and motorcycling-related content creators in India.
You can find Rohith on Youtube and Instagram as the ‘Toll Free Traveller’.
What you should carry along
Notebook and pen
An open mind, some patience, a sense of humour and relevant questions